Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Book Review for Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer

*I will not post spoilers in my reviews. I HATE spoilers. I figure if you want to find out what happens you need to read it :) Simple as that.

First of all let me say this book was BEAUTIFUL. The cover, the writing, the characters, pretty much the whole shebang. Now I must admit I judge a book by its cover and I hate that I do that with a passion (I am trying to get passed that). This book caught me at my local library. I spend a lot of time in there because my aunt and little sister both work there. My whole family is filled with book worms. It took me just under a week to finish this. I usually can get a really good book done with-in a few days, but since I had a lot going on it took me longer.

This book has everything a good book needs. A little romance, mystery, and great characters. The characters in this book are written so vividly that I could just picture them in my head. Warning!! If you are a cry baby like me this book will make you cry on multiple occasions. This book also keeps you guessing until the very end and I loved that!

Here is a breif summery to give you a idea of what this book is about.

 Declan Murphy is a teen with a troubled past and a lot of baggage. 
Juilet Young is grieving the loss of her mother that she loved dearly. 
One day Declan finds a letter on a grave stone in the cemetery he
 does community service for. Not expecting anyone to respond he writes back anomalously to the letter. Declan and Juliet end up corresponding through letters and then eventually an on an anonymous e-mail account. Little do they know Juliet and Declan both go to the same High School. Through out the book a lot of secrets and are uncovered. I feel like if I keep writing a summery I will give it away so I am going to stop there. 

I finished this book today and I still can't get over it. I miss everything about it......I keep reminding myself there are so many books out there to read and to just keep reading on. 

As always- Alex :)

No comments:

Post a Comment